Thursday 1 December 2011

Lip Balm Love: Vaseline

Hi Guys!

So, today I thought I'd do a blog on one of my favourite things... lip balm!
Now, anyone who knows me would tell you that I am literally a lip balm addict and very, very rarely go anywhere without at least one of my many lipbalms handy! So, naturally I have a good collection, from chocolate, to satsuma, to good old vanilla, however, today I thought I'd concentrate on what is perhaps one of the most popular lip balms, Vaseline.





I own the Pink Vaseline, or the 'Rose and Almond Oil' Vaseline called Rosy Lips. The only reason I own this one and not the green or the blue or one of the others is because I like the colour, not because I think its any better than the others or anything.
So first of all, the packaging. I actually quite like the packaging of Vaseline, I think they are cute and simple, and also are quite a good size. The tin is not too big but isn't too small that it gets easily lost either, plus it contains a lot of product so lasts a good long while too. I also like how all the different types have the different colours, it makes each one easily identifiable, plus, I like the pretty colours! The only issue with the packaging is that some people do struggle to open it, and sometimes the lids do get a bit stiff and sort of stuck. I don't really have this problem anymore because I use Vaseline all the time and have done for ages, but I know some people do struggle so that would be the only fault there.
Then, the product itself. I really do like this product. I think it does make your lips feel moisturised and soft, although I do have to say, I don't think it absorbs as well as some other products or has as long lasting effects. I do find that when I use Vaseline, in comparison to some of my other lip balms, I do have to reapply much more often, and I do think this is perhaps because it doesn't absorb into your lips as well, however I do still think its very good. It does moisturise your lips and does do its job, just maybe not as well as some of the more expensive brands. The other thing I really like about the pink Vaseline, is, as I said, the colour. I really like how it gives your lips a glossy, rosy tint because it saves me from having to bother with lip gloss or whatever. Its like 2 in 1, and saves me from carrying around extra tins or bottles which I dont need.
The other thing I love about Vaseline is that its multi purpose, you don't just have to use it on your lips, you can use it for dry skin on your body too, so if you have dry hands for example, but don't have any hand cream to hand, then you can just use a little Vaseline! Although I have to say, the pink one may leave your skin with a faint pinkish tinge!
And finally, the last thing I love about Vaseline is the price and value for money! I think a tin costs you around £1.20 depending on where you buy it, and one tin, lasts for absolutely ages! I've had my tin since the start of the year, and use it practically every day, and still haven't used it all up, so as far as I'm concerned its an absolute bargain!
So, overall, I do love Vaseline as a good everyday lip balm, however if you do need that bit more moisture, perhaps look elsewhere.



Hope you like the review and as always, feel free to leave a comment!
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment