Sunday 27 November 2011

n-spa Fruit Apple-Mint Crunch Body Scrub Review

Hiya, so I know its been a while... Sorry!
I've had a really busy week but the important thing is I'm back now!

Right, so today I thought I'd do a review of n-spa Fruit Body Scrub.
Basically I needed a new body scrub and asked my mum just to pick me up a cheap one whilst she went and did the weekly shopping, and so she came home with this Apple-Mint Crunch n-spa fruit body scrub from asda for like a couple of quid. I wasn't expecting much but I thought it would do.

I've had it for a while now, and whilst using it the other day, just randomly thought I should probably do a review on it, because really, it isn't up to much.

I'll start with the smell, which is actually fairly pleasant! It definitely isn't a 'nom' smell, but it is quite a nice, fresh, minty smell which definitely wakes you up a bit. So, not amazing, but not bad either.
The colour is a bit peculiar, its a mint green, which is quite weird for a body scrub because they usually tend to be more cream based colours, but I guess it goes with the smell. It's not a off-putting colour, its just a bit weird that's all!
The packaging is nothing much either, it's pretty simple really. The only part that really grabs your attention is the colour, because the packaging is clear so the green of the product can be seen. So again, nothing amazing.

Then, the actual product itself. Again, it's just a bit 'iffy'. It's not terrible, but it isn't good either. The exfoliating granules are really small and tough and just don't really work to exfoliate your skin, they're just like little bits which are quite uncomfortable and nasty really, and also don't work properly! Also, there is such a small concentration of 'bits' in comparison to the lotion which means you have to use quite a bit to actually get any exfoliating bits anyway!
The lotion itself is actually okay. If you forget about the exfoliating bits, the lotion actually feels quite nice on your skin, and rubs in well.

Really, though, there isn't much to say, it's just not very good! It's okay for just using every now and again, if you've not got anything else to hand, or to take on holiday with you etc. but it's definitely not something I'll be buying again.


So, the other day, I bought myself a new scrub... Soap and Glory's Flake Away!
Basically, I was on Asos, sometime last week because they had a sale on and an extra 10% discount too, and I found the Breakfast Scrub and Flake Away both for like £5 and I knew I could get another 10% off which would make it £4.50. So I didn't really know which one to get, because I know the Breakfast Scrub is extremely popular, but my sister has Flake Away and that seemed really good too. But, in the end I din't end up getting either because I went away for the weekend before managing to get a bit of time to actually order one. So, then when I got back, and had 5 mis to spare, I went back onto Asos to see whether they were still discounted, and unfortunately The Breakfast Scrub had sold out, and Flake Away had gone back to full price of £6.50 or something like it. But, Asos were running a 25% off student discount so I finally managed to order it for like £5! And Asos have free p&p too so that was all good! I had a look on Boots and it is £6.64 on there for the 300ml tub, so I feel like I've got a good deal! Now I just have to wait for it to arrive, and hope it doesn't disappoint, and I really love Soap and Glory so I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't!
So I'll write a review on that sometime in the future too!

Hope you like the review guys!
Feel free to comment as always!
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment