Tuesday 20 December 2011

It's a Lush Life! So White Bath Ballistic!

Hi!
My last two posts have been nail tutorials, and I think I'll be doing another one again soon, as I still have plenty of ideas for nail designs, so I wanted to do a post on something else today, and thought I'd do it on one of my favourite things - another of my addictions: Lush!

I adore Lush, and am a self-confessed addict! I'll probably write a bit more about them in a future 'It's a Lush Life' Post, as I'm hoping to make this like a sort of series, but for now, I'll just say that I generally love the products, the ethics, the shops, and the staff - especially those in my nearest Lush shop! Because of all this, their general good quality and reasonable prices, my sister and I are fairly regular customers!

Every year, for different occasions, Lush bring out special products, and the biggest occassion of all, of course, is Christmas! They have some old favourites which they bring back each year, but also have new, fantastic inventions each year too! My all time favourite Lush Christmas product is by far Snow Fairy, and I love Angel Delight soap too with its Jelly Baby smell! So, as well as stocking up on some of my faves, I decided to try some new products too.

So White is actually a reasonably old Lush Christmas product, however I had never tried it before, so thought I should this year which is why I picked one up for myself, as well as some for gifts. Plus it was only like £1.90, and I had a discount so it wasn't exactly a massive spend!

My sister (a fellow Lush addict) had tried So White before and had told me it wasn't anything special, especially in comparison to other Lush Products, but I wanted to try it for myself and see.

The little description bit on the bag says "Top off your bath with a carpet of apple scented snowy froth." So White itself is a very small, round, white bath bomb and when you drop the bath bomb in, it isn't really that exciting. It just fizzes away, quite slowly really, and releases a faint apple-y smell. I was dissappointed that the scent wasn't a lot stronger actually as it was really beautiful, and so christmassy and comforting too. It does create some bubbles, although nowhere near as much as a Lush Bubble Bar for example, so if you are looking for bubbles I would definitely reccommend looking at one of those instead, but the bubbles that are created by So White are really nice, soft and creamy. It also makes the bath water really soft too.

So overall, definitely not the most exciting bath bomb, it lacks colour and movement, but it is really nice, soft and subtle. It really does depend what you are looking for; I think it would make a good gift for older relatives such as mums, aunts, or grans, or for those who perhaps aren't into the more colourful bath bombs, but I would still reccommend trying it for yourself too. I was dissappointed the smell wasn't stronger, but it did make for a nice relaxing and christmassy bath, and for £1.90, its quite a cheap treat!

I also picked up a couple of other Lush treats for myself which I might do some reviews on soon too. I'm also hoping to do a Christmas 'haul' type blog sometime between Christmas and New Year, on some of the gifts I recieve, and another present 'haul' sometime in the New Year as it is my 16th birthday very, very soon too (I'm very excited!).

Thanks for reading again guys! Remember to subscribe if you like my blog!
I'll have another post up soon!
x x x

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this and was disappointed too, it didn't seem to do anything in my bath. It's the only Lush product I haven't like so far x

    http://inmywishes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's rare for Lush to let me down too!
    Thank you for subscribing! :D x

    ReplyDelete