Saturday 17 December 2011

Christmas Pudding Nails!

Hi guys!
Sorry its been a while again - it's been another busy week!

Anyways, if you've read my blog before, then you will know that I love doing themed nails, and if you haven't, then now you know! I haven't done Christmas Pudding nails before, so I thought I'd try them, and they turned out to be quite easy actually!

Quick steps:
First paint your nails with a brown nail varnish. I chose Barry M mushroom as it is the only brown I have but any darkish brown will do.
Then pick a white or pale pink, preferably one with a satin or shimmery finish instead of a matt finish as this looks a bit more like icing. Then use a cocktail stick or small brush to paint this at the top of your nail as if its dripping down. I don't really know how else to describe the shape - it just needs to look like icing on the top of a cake.
Next, you need to get a red, and paint two or three dots at the top of the nails, for the holly berries. I didn't have a red, so I decided to use a pink instead and I added two red gems to each thumbnail.
Finally you need to paint some holly leaves coming from the berries. I did this by dipping a cocktail stick in some green nail varnish, then drawing a line and dotting either side along the line to create a jagged effect like that of a holly leaf.
Finish off by adding a coat of clear nail varnish, and your Christmas Puds are complete!



Hope you all like the tutorial and design!

I'll be back with another post soon guys, and if you like my blog, please subscribe!
Thanks for reading,

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment