Saturday 10 December 2011

Gold Gift Nails!


Hi again Guys!
So I said I was going to paint my nails and perhaps put a post up on it, so here it is.
I decided to use my new gold nail varnish from Models Own which I got from the Clothes Show Live, and painted two coats of that onto my nails. I was very pleased with the colour - it was exactly as it looked in the bottle and is gorgeous! It has all the good quality of Models Own Nail Varnishes; it lasts a long time, only needs thin coats to create full coverage, and is a great colour! The only thing which I can fault it on is that, although the nail varnish feels like it dries quickly, it actually takes a long time to dry fully, so you just have to be a bit careful for a while after they feel dry.

I really liked just the gold nails by themselves, but I really wanted to add a bit more to them, and my friend (who has just set up a blog called Time of My Life if you want to check it out) sent me a link to a YouTube video the other day showing some ‘gift’ nails, so I decided to try them out. I don’t remember what the YouTube video was called or whose it was, but I think if you search something like ‘Christmas Gift Nails’ it might come up? :L Anyways, this is my attempt at it!

 To get started, you just need to paint a base coat on your nails; a nice Christmassy colour would work best, such as gold. Then you need to pick a colour you want to use for the ‘bow’ part. I chose black as I didn’t want to overload with glittery or metallic colours, plus, black and gold go so well together!

Unfortunately for this design, you can’t really use cocktail sticks as you need smooth lines. So, instead what you can do, is to take a brush from an old nail varnish, or perhaps an old make up brush, and cut it to create a thin brush. Or, and I just thought of this and am wondering why I haven’t before, but you could use the brush from a liquid eyeliner – that would work perfectly! Or alternatively, of course, you could buy a nail pen, which is more convenient, but is also more expensive.
Then, simply dip the thin brush you have created, or bought, into the nail polish in the colour you have chosen, wipe of the excess and paint a vertical line going down the middle of your nail.
Next, paint a horizontal line across the middle of your nail. These two lines should cross in the middle of your nail.

You could leave your nails like this; however, adding bows really completes the nail.
To add the bows, take your brush and create two loops in the top two quarters of your nails. Then paint two little lines going out from the middle in the bottom two quarters. This creates a little bow!
Repeat, on all your nails, or as many as you like, then you have completed your ‘gift’ nails!
Or, if you like a bit more ‘bling’, you could add little gems to your nails in the centre of the bow. I decided to just add gems to my two thumbnails as gems tend to fall off quite easily, so if they’re only on two nails, it means there are less to stick back on!

Hope you like the design, and sorry I can’t remember the YouTube video I saw it on!
Thanks for reading guys, and don’t forget to subscribe if you like my blog!

 x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment