Wednesday 25 January 2012

It's a Lush Life: Snow Fairy Lip Tint!

Hi guys! Hope you're all having good weeks!

I have been trying out this particular Lush product for a while now and thought I'd probably better get round to doing a review of it for you all!

As you all know, I love Lush, and a couple of weeks ago I actually had a 'Lush Party' (for my birthday), which I will be doing a review of this weekend hopefully. I also love lip balms, and I love sweet smells too, so it's no surprise that I was really happy to find that my sister had bought me some snow fairy lip tint for christmas!

First of all, there is the packaging. The packaging of the lip tint is okay, it's a nice, neat and small tin which is really handy, but it also means it's quite difficult to lose! I do much prefer a tin to a tube because it always really annoys me when you get that bit left at the bottom of the tube which you can't quite get to, which is such a waste! The look of the packaging is alright too - it's nice and simple but looks good and not cheap, which a lot of 'simple' packaging can do. So overall, the packaging is pretty and practical.


Then the colour, I really like the colour of the lip tint as I like the bright pink, however, it doesn't come out nearly as strong when you put it on, which I was quite disappointed with actually because one of the reasons I really wanted this lip tint was because of the really strong, bright, pink colour which I loved! I don't know whether it is just my tin though, or if they have just changed the formula from last year as my sister's gives a much stronger colour. So, I was a bit disappointed with this but it does still give a nice colour, you just have to apply a bit more to get it to show up.

Next, the smell! OMG! I absolutely love the Snow Fairy scent - it's like heaven to me! I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like this scent, but I have met some who just aren't that bothered by it, but I really do love it! To me, it's worth getting this lip tint just so that you can carry it in your pocket and smell it! Ahhh-maz-ing!


Finally the texture and product itself. As a lip balm, this is, and I feel really bad saying this about a Lush product because I really do love the majority of their stuff, but it's just not very good! I actually apply this just for the colour and the smell, but then have to add a lip balm over the top because I find that it just really dries out my lips! After wearing it for a few minutes I feel it begin to like dry and tighten up, and it just isn't nice, and definitely couldn't be used as a lip balm! Also, it does need warming up a bit before you can really use it, because when it is cold, it's dry and like really solid so you can't use it. All it needs is a few seconds holding between the palms of your hands, but its just a bit impractical, especially when it's a winter product, sold when it's normally freezing cold, yet you have to warm it up to be able to use it! It just seems a little bit silly to me, and even more so because Lush are usually so clever and innovative in their products!

So, overall, as a lip tint/balm, unfortunately this is rather disappointing, made more so by the fact that I had such high expectations of it, but even so! I am really disappointed I can't say better things about it but it's just really not great. The packaging is fine, it's nothing special but is nice, the actual product is not actually very good, the colour is gorgeous, but it's not pigmented enough, and the only thing about it which has really lived up to expectations is the smell which is gorgeous! However, at a cost of  £4.95 (or thereabouts) for a tin, I'm not sure the smell alone really justifies that at all, and think, in my opinion, you would be much better off spending that money on the snow fairy shower gel, (which is actually amazing!). I know Lush have bought out a Valentines Lip Tint though, so I  am going to get my ass down to my nearest Lush and check that out and see whether that one seems any better.

I'll be back soon with another review, as always though, thank you for reading, and please subscribe if you like my blog!
x x x


Oh, and just wanted to show you with this picture I took at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park which I visited at the weekend. If you ever get the chance to go, I would say you totally should as it is just beautiful! I managed to take loads of the pictures when I was there, if you want to see any of them (although I'm not saying they're going to be like amazing photos or anything) then I will put them up on my other blog here in the next few days if any of you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment