Wednesday 18 January 2012

Christmas GlossyBox!

Hiya!
Been a little while again - I'm useless - SORRY!

Today, I'm going to blog about my Christmas GlossyBox which I recieved last Friday, and I have to say, I'm well chuffed with it!

The box only cost me £7.95, I explain why in my previous post (linked here), but usually it would cost £12.95, so as far as I am concerned, it was a total bargain!

This box is a bit different from others because it is a Christmas box, so I do think they pulled out all the stops to make this box as exceptional as possible! The main, and most obvious difference is the colour - it's a stand out red, which is very different from the usual dusky pink, but I really like it!

In the box there was:

Blink +Go Eyeshadow and Blush Palette. I knew that you either got this, or their mascara and I was really hoping for this, as I just received a whole bunch of mascara and really won’t be needing any more for a long time! So, I was very happy when I saw I had this, and when I opened the palette and saw the colours, I was like O,M,G! I do think I got lucky, because I know there was another palette with different colours that I could have got which weren’t quite so wearable, but even so, just from taking these quick swatches, you can tell that these are really good quality eyeshadows. I haven’t swatched the Blushers yet, but I’m sure these will be just as good too!


CARGO Cosmetics Classic Lip Gloss. I don’t know what colour I have, but it’s really nice. I tried this Lip Gloss out the other day and was very pleased! Considering it is ‘only’ lip gloss which is a pretty standard make-up item, I was very impressed! Obviously, I’ll do a full review of this and each other product later when I’ve had a proper chance to try them all.

Deborah Lippmann Mini Nail Varnish in Razzle Dazzle. This was what I was looking forward to most as the colour just looks gorgeous! I was very surprised to find that it isn’t actually my favourite thing in the box!  But, I do think it looks amazing and I am very excited to try it out!

Deborah Lippmann The Stripper To Go Lavender Nail Lacquer Remover Finger Mitts. I am extremely intrigued by this, and am really interested in trying it out. I think I might try it out on a really tough nail varnish though – like a glitter one, just to really test it!

NIP + FAB Spot Fix. I haven’t had a chance to try this yet as I’m waiting until I’ve had chance to patch test it because I have quite sensitive skin, and am not risking another allergic reaction on my face as it’s incredibly painful, and unfortunately, I say this from experience! So, I’ll try that soon and obviously do a full review sometime in the near future!

Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in Hammam Delight. This is actually amazing! I was doubtful of what the scent would be like when I read it as I tend to prefer really sweet and floral smells, but after smelling this, I am in love! I don’t think it’s a scent for everyone, and I’m rubbish at describing scents so I’m not even going to try to get technical and say I can smell this, this and this, but I would say it’s a beautiful, ’woody’ smell which to me is just really indulging. Also, what really surprised me was the ‘foaming’ aspect of this gel. I actually squirted a tiny bit of the gel into the cap when I opened it so that I could smell it, then left this on my desk whilst I went to eat tea, and when I came back, the cap had overflowed with foam! And that was with no water! I was truly amazed!

Anyways, as I’ve already said, I’ll do a full review on all the products soon, once I’ve had time to try them all, but I just wanted to share my first few impressions of the box and the products because it could be a little while until I get to properly try them out and do a proper review.
Hope you liked the review, remember to subscribe if you like my blog, and most of all, thank you for reading!
X x x

No comments:

Post a Comment