Saturday 7 January 2012

Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundation Review!

Hello again guys!
Today I thought I'd do a review of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. I know this product is extremely popular and was a big deal ages and ages ago when it came out, so I'm a bit late, but I still just wanted to do a review of it anyways.
I bought this tub probably about a year ago, maybe more, about a year and a half maybe, and the reason I bought it was basically because my sister did and she thought it was good. Although I didn't really do any proper 'research' on it before I bought it, I'm glad I did, because it is really good!
When I first bought it, I used it for a few months, then for some reason that I don't really remember, I stopped using it and started using a different foundation (which I think was a Maybelline liquid foundation) for every day and only used this one every so often. Then a few months ago, back in the summer, I started using this again and discovered that I actually really like it!

First of all is the range of colours, there are loads! On the boots website there are 13 available and they cover a great range of skin tones. I always struggle with finding a good foundation for my skin tone because I am very pale and usually, the brands which are more 'reasonably' priced just don't have a colour pale enough for me, so finding that they had such a great range of colours, including one for me, was just amazing! So if you do struggle with finding a colour to suit your skin tone I would definitely recommend looking at their range of colours!
Next there is the texture of the foundation. It's a mousse which is very unusual for foundation because usually there is just liquid or powder and I did wonder whether a 'mousse' would work. It's quite a thick formula and it does feel quite weird when you're used to liquid foundation, however, when you apply it to your skin it does just smooth out just like a face cream, but more dry. That is one downfall though of the formula, if you have very dry skin, I don't think I'd reccommend it as it is a very dry formula unlike liquid foundation. I have combination skin so do suffer from some dryness but not a lot, but I do still find it helpful to apply moisturiser like 5-10 mins before putting this foundation on, otherwise it does make my skin feel very dry. But, on the other hand, if you have oily or combination skin and find liquid foundation is too oily for you, then I would recommend giving this a go!

Then, I guess perhaps most importantly is how good the foundation is as a foundation. I would say, for me, this foundation is pretty amazing really. I will be the first to say my skin isn't great and I do need better coverage from my foundation and this foundation is very, very good! It covers spots, undereye circles, pores, provides good overall coverage of the skin, whilst still looking very natural! It's just amazing! The only thing it doesn't really agree with is very dry patches of skin as I said above, but everything else it covers. When I first got this foundation I thought it would be quite cakey but it really isn't, unless you pile it on (never advisable obviously), this is just really nice and smooth and natural looking! Plus, it lasts all day! Also, the main purpose of this foundation is for it to be matte, and again, it does this very, very well! You don't need to use powder and it keeps you completely shine free all day. I have never found a foundation or powder so good at keeping my skin matte, and for so long either!
Below is a picture of the foundation not rubbed in, then when it is - it's virtually invisible!

Lastly is price and packaging. This costs £7.69 from Boots. It does seem like a lot for such a small little tub and tiny amount of foundation, but compared to other foundations it's actually very cheap when you think most high street foundations cost between £5-£15, and higher quality brands often cost well in excess of £20. Also, despite there being such a little amount it really does last a long time because it's such good coverage that you really do only need a tiny bit! I mean mine has lasted for over a year using it on and off, and I think that if I'd used it every single day it still would have lasted me for about 5-6 months or so. I mean the tiny bit left in mine should still last me for like 2 weeks!

So overall, as you can probably tell, I really do like this foundation! I would definitely recommend it, unless you do have very dry skin, and do think it's worth the money which is why I will be repurchasing one very soon for when this one eventually runs out! Also, I think there is a deal on at Boots at the moment (it might be online only though, I'm not sure) - buy one get one half price on Maybelline - so if you are buying another maybelline product anyway then you may as well pick this up too!
Hope you like the review and find it useful, I know I always find it incredibly difficult to buy a new foundation!

Thank you for reading and remember to subscribe if you like my blog!
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment