Monday 4 June 2012

Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel Review Part 1!

Hi guys!
Look I'm back already! My last post reminded me just how much I love blogging so I'm determined to get a couple more done before I have to get back to exam mode :L
So the other day I was perusing the beauty aisles of Boots (as I like to do every so often to see what’s new) and noticed that Revlon now have a little section dedicated just to Revlon nail varnishes. As a nail varnish lover I naturally went over to take a closer look and as I did a lovely Revlon Lady working on the aisle came up, complemented me on my Union Jack Nails (:D), then proceeded to tell me all about Revlon's new nail varnishes, 'Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel'.
Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Red Carpet
These are a new range of nail varnishes basically designed to be like a DIY version of a Gel manicure. They are meant to "provide high impact color and gel-like shine in fashion forward range of shades and finishes" and to "provide flexible, shatterproof color with excellent color retention and gloss". Basically it's meant to be a really long lasting, good quality nail varnish. The lady in the shop told me that it can last up to 11 days, which is really good seeing as most nail varnishes only last around 3-4 days, and that the reason for this is that the formula bends with your nail unlike normal nail varnish.

Now I don't know about all that technical kind of stuff, but I'm going on holiday to Italy (which I am extremely excited about! :D) for one week in about four weeks time, and so my mum, sister and I were all planning on getting Shellac manicures before we went so that we didn't have to take nail varnish and nail varnish remover with us etc. However, for all of us to have them done would be quite expensive so I thought why not try this nail varnish out instead?
So, we picked a nice bright colour called 'Red Carpet' which actually looked more coral in the shop, but on is definitely a very vibrant red, and decided that we would try this instead seeing as it was only £7.99 which is a fraction of the cost of what 3 Shellac manicures would have cost us, and which we will get more use out of because we can use it again and again.
Obviously, we didn't want to go on holiday and find that it doesn't work, so this week I am road testing it! I applied it this morning, and so every day, I am going to take a picture of it, then after the eleven days is up, or however long it lasts for if it doesn't manage the eleven days, I will do a post with the results and all the pictures so you can see the state of it through the duration of wear.
I have to say, I wasn’t overly impressed with the application of this nail varnish. It's very thick and like most longwearing nail varnishes, takes forever and a day to dry so if you have no patience, or have a tight schedule then it's just a bit frustrating! Eventually what I ended up doing was painting the base coat (I used the Sally Hansen Base coat that I always use) and first coat last night, then finished it off with the second coat and top coat (I used Natural Collection Clear Top Coat) this morning. That made sure that it had all dried thoroughly and stopped me from getting really bored whilst I waited for it to dry!

Anyways, I'll be back with the pictures from each day and a review of its durability in approximately 11 days! I'll try and do another post between times though, I'm not sure what on yet but I'm sure I'll find something!
As always thank you so much for reading!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment